Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 6

Picked up the 1/8" plywood and scarfed it today. Truely a pain in the butt trying to scarf plywood with a belt sander and block plane. But, it was a successful mission and I am pleased with the results. I did make one mistake and not turn 2 pieces over out of the 4 so the same wood grain would show after gluing, but after the paint no one will notice but me.



Picture is of plywood after scarfing. The plywood ratio turned out to be a 2 1/4" bevel for each piece.





Ordered the epoxy, fiberglass tape, mixing cups,woodflour, and pumps today. I chose West Systems 207 I believe. It's amazing about who thinks theirs is the best; but after researching forums I found West 207 came up more being used. Raka was also mentioned without problems but was more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment