Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 12

The epoxy came in but the pumps didn't. Therefore, I jimmied a pump and scarfed the plywood last night. Today I cut the two outside pieces for the pontoons and laminated them to the foam with adhesive to hold them in place until filleting. I have a few areas needing sanding on the edges because I'm 1/16- 1/8th off; but I am very pleased so far (using a skill saw has its dissadvantages).


I clamped, taped, and weighed down the pieces until dry. I used everything I could to add weight (probably need more clamps but I'm cheap on buying tools).



The two pieces cut for each side were the upper outside piece- 4 1/8" x 11' 2 3/4" and the lower outside piece- 13 7/8" x 11' 2 3/4" with the front and rear angle. Total of 4 pieces cut and glued.


Tomorrow after duck hunting I plan on cutting the inside pieces that wrap around the floor and setting them. Then add the floor, transom, and front. Then onto the inside of the cockpit above the floor. From there I will add the top and bottom of the pontoons, fillet and sand all corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment