Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 19

Today I set the front storage hatch front, cut and glued the middle storage/seat sides and fillet and fiberglassed taped all of it. I also put a coat of epoxy on the entire inside. Debating on setting the top and rear splash well/storage before turning it over and completing the bottom. I don't want it to get to heavy before I flip it. See where I stand tomorrow and how I feel. I have a lot of sanding to do.

The middle seat/storage is 12 1/2" tall from the inside and 11 1/2" wide from inside. I did this to accomodate a battery and it's box. I haven't built the seat yet because I don't know exactly how I want the seat and hatches to work. I only know it will be 3/4" plywood.

I have been adding up the weight and right now I am at 145 lbs with all plywood and all fiberglass/epoxy.

Going to look at a motor tomorrow as well- 9.9 hp Mercury 2-stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment