Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 4

Last night I couldn't sleep so I filled the front, rear, and middle of the pontoons with expandable foam. Woke this morning and the foam was dry. So-

Today I took the pontoons out of the jigs and rasped them to equal lengths and squared them up. I still have a little more work to do on them in the rasping regards; but I need to install the inside pieces for the front and rear part of the pontoons. Right now they are 6" wide at the top and 4" at the bottom. On the front and rear, outside of the cockpit, I am adding another 2" foam piece for buoyancy. After I cut, glue, and rasp them I will start on the cockpit floor and transom.

I haven't decided on whether to use 1/2" or 3/8" for the floor. I'm going to the building supply store and jumping up and down on both types and decide then. I think 3/8" will do since I am fiberglassing the bottom, but not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment