Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 20

Decided on the middle storage/seat and finished it. I also cut and glued the motor well/rear storage area today.


In the picture you can see on the bottom of the seat where I inserted 2 drains running from the front to the back. They are cut in half PVC pipe and fillet in. The seat/hatch is 24" wide and all the top is routered with a 1/2 round.








The motor well/rear storage is 14" deep. The openings underneath are different sizes to fit a trolling motor battery, gas tank, and other items. The motor well is 6" deep and I will add scuppers to the transom at the end. The well doesn't extend to the outermost part of the transom cut but that's OK. Gas tank storage was more important (I hope).

Tomorrow I plan on starting the top piece to the pontoons and front. From there I will tape it all and flip it. Once flipped I will finish the bottom completely with fiberglass cloth, epoxy, Kevlar, and paint.

I have decided to add rubber rub rails around the outside instead of wood. So the list grows of things I still need to purchase- rub rails, paint, scuppers, thru scussions for the gas lines, motor, and trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment