Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 5

Added the inside foam pieces to the pontoons. Adding the 2" will increase bouyancy, support the floor/front/transom, and make the pontoons "beefy" because it will need to crush ice during duck season. The ice issue bothers me with the fiberglass bottom. Researching other alternatives to prevent damage. It wasn't really a concern because usually the ice doesn't get to thick. However, yesterday we broke 1-1.5" ice going into the blind and it got me to thinking. Also brought up the concerns of punctures with rocks on a lake I fish. Maybe a kevlar bottom?

Finished rasping everything square, checked measurements, and waiting for adhesive to cure completely. My shop is a little cold so I want it good and dry. Also its duck season so my thoughts and motions have been hunting for ducks.


Picture is of the pontoons  upside down and taped together. The crossed out lines are from adjusting my angles to suit my personal ideas.

(Next step is to clean up the shop. The foam sticks to everything).





Ordered the plywood and waiting for it to arrive.

Researching motor size and getting prices (also looking for a good used). I think it needs a 9.9 hp, but would like to go 15 hp if possible.

Researching motor wells as an addition to prevent some water intake.

Looking for a good used trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment