Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 23

It ia snowing like the North Pole today so I am stuck at home. Spent the morning filleting and fiberglass taping the inside and top of the boat. Trying to get the corners to stick is a bear. Hard radius' and fiberglass tape do not mix. However, I think it ended up pretty good. My guess on weight is going to be 180-190 lbs. Right now I am at 152 lbs.

The inside is completely fiberglassed, fillet, and has one coat of epoxy on the bare wood. The pontoons are just about finished at the top portion. I am waiting for the 1st set to dry so I can cut it and apply the rest.
As you can see my shop is small, but there is enough room to move around. I still need to sand the tape ends after it dries and apply another coat of epoxy.   The picture is of the back of the boat.





Front inside of boat. The hole in the seat is for the switch panel.











My new to me, but used Evinrude 8 hp 2-stroke tiller motor. The powerpack is new, lower unit is in great condition, carb cleaned, new paint (doesn't matter though because it is going to be OD Green eventually). Got it for a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment