Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 31

I finished taping the bottom and sanding all the areas the last 2 days and today I fiberglassed the bottom of the boat, front and back of the pontoons. Hopefully tomorrow I can do the sides. From there it is a quick sand of a few spots then onto the Kevlar and barrier coating.

After it partially dries I will cut back the edges and give it a light sand.


CAMOUFLAGE
I have been thinking about the camouflage and have decided on using the Natural Gear pattern. My kayak was painted in a marsh grass/leaf pattern and it looks great up close; however, once you back away about 20-50 yards it looks like a big blob. Therefore, I am going to go natural as possible and try to break up the shape. I will hunt out if it in the fall and winter so my base color will be brown instead of green. Hopefully up close or far away it will look like an island once the blind is attached.

Going to look at a trailer tomorrow... looks promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment