Thursday, December 31, 2009

Main Design

The design of the boat is a hybrid between a pontoon/catamaran and a tunnel hull jon boat. The pontoons are 17" tall, 8" wide at the top, 6" wide at the bottom, and 12' 0" long. They are composed of builder foam and a plywood skin.

The deck sits inside the pontoons 2" from the bottom and is made of 1/2" plywood. The cockpit is 9' 0" long and 44" wide. It extends 5" from the top of the pontoons creating a 20" side.

The boat will be wrapped in an epoxy/graphic/fiberglass composite.

There will be 2 seats, storage, rod holders, a collapsible duck blind, running lights, a flood light, floor lights, 12V plugs, and whatever I can think about along the way.

Color To Be Determined (OD Green I would guess).

Motor size To Be Determined.

I have schematics and will publish them after I work the kinks out (I like to calculate some angles/etc as I go).

No comments:

Post a Comment